We serve all Wisconsin Counties
PRO SE OF WISCONSIN, LLC
Divorce & Mediation Services
6070 Trillium Lane
Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235
Green Bay 920-435-9699
Sturgeon Bay 920-743-6776
Divorce & Mediation Services
A divorce guidance company that has been helping people since 1981
Dedicated people serving the state of Wisconsin
Complete and inexpensive divorce guidance
No one likes the idea of divorce, but in today's society it is a reality. PRO SE OF WISCONSIN, LLC, can make a difficult and painful process much easier. If you are in need of Divorce services, call today for more information.
Sandee Evans Jorns
- Guidance through all paperwork
- Divorce mediation available
- Couples work together through entire process
- Serve all counties in the State of Wisconsin
- Confidential, Caring & Professional Service
- Faster than traditional Divorce proceedings
- Couples maintain control of entire process and outcome
- We accept all major credit cards through PAY PAL
WHAT IS PRO SE OF WISCONSIN, LLC?
Pro Se of Wisconsin, LCC, provides guidance through divorce paperwork and mediation services to couples throughout the entire state of Wisconsin who are interested in obtaining a divorce. We provide couples with the opportunity to work together, promoting a "win-win" situation. Our main emphasis is to provide couples who wish to divorce with the option of going through the process in an amicable and fair manner. Pro Se of Wisconsin, LLC, offers personal, caring and confidential support through the entire divorce process.
WHO CAN USE THE SERVICES OF PRO SE OF WISCONSIN, LLC?
Anyone who meets the residency requirements of Wisconsin is eligible. Only one of the divorcing parties needs to have resided in the state of Wisconsin for six months and a Wisconsin County for thirty days. If either one of you meets the Wisconsin residency requirements, you can use the services provided by Pro Se of Wisconsin, LLC.
IS IT HARD TO DO?
Pro Se of Wisconsin, LLC, makes a Pro Se divorce a simple and effective option for obtaining a divorce. There are no meetings, so there is no loss of work time. All correspondence is done over the phone, with a fax machine, a computer and through the mail. You will receive PERSONAL, STEP BY STEP instructions from the same person through the entire divorce process.
IS IT EXPENSIVE?
No! One of the best reasons to do your divorce through Pro Se of Wisconsin, LLC, is the low cost. Pro Se of Wisconsin, LLC, has flat fees of $598 to $798 per couple for a complete divorce. WE ACCEPT ALL MAJOR CREDIT CARDS THROUGH PAY PAL!
HISTORY OF PRO SE OF WISCONSIN
Pro Se of Wisconsin, LLC, was established in Green Bay, Wisconsin, in 1981 by its founder, Tee Evans. It began as an "alternative to the Adversarial System" providing couples with the opportunity to represent themselves, with the personal support, and mediation that other methods did not offer. Since its establishment, Pro Se of Wisconsin, LLC, has provided this opportunity to thousands couples throughout the entire State of Wisconsin.
WHAT DOES PRO SE MEAN?
Pro Se, pronounced "Pro-Say," is a Latin term meaning "for self" or "in one's own behalf." Because Wisconsin is a No-fault Divorce State, people can legally represent themselves in their own divorce because it is no longer necessary to prove that one party in the marriage did something to destroy the marriage. The only ground for divorce in Wisconsin is that the marriage is "irretrievably broken."
"Pro Se of Wisconsin helped enormously in navigating through my divorce. Director Sandee Evans Jorns made the process easy, objective, brief and cost effective, while providing kindness and encouragement. Her knowledge and experience were great assets, especially given our complicated finances. I highly recommend this service." Marie H. - Sheboygan, WI
WHAT IS INVOLVED?
The process takes a minimum of 120 days. This is the mandatory waiting period in the State of Wisconsin. The Pro Se Director takes you through the entire process in easy-to-follow steps:
- The first step in the process is known as "Filing" the Divorce action. There are two methods in which a divorce can be filed for in the State of Wisconsin. The first method involves filing a Joint Petition for Divorce. With this method, both parties must sign the Joint Petition for Divorce. The second method involves filing a Summons and Petition for Divorce. This method is used when only one party is seeking the divorce. With this method, only the person filing the divorce action signs the Summons and Petition for Divorce and then the other spouse is served the Summons and Petition for Divorce by a Sheriff or Process Server.
- The second step in the process is to prepare Financial Disclosure forms. Each party is required by law to complete a Financial Disclosure Form for the court. These forms will tell the court about the parties' financial situations with incomes, expenses, assets and debts being disclosed.
- The third step in the process is the development of the Marital Settlement Agreement. This is the agreement between the parties which deals with all of the issues involved in the divorce. These may include child custody and placement, child support, maintenance payments, division of assets and division of debts. The Director will guide the parties through the paperwork. Both parties will maintain complete control of their entire agreement.
- The fourth step in the process is to obtain a court date. This is done when all of the above paperwork is completed.
- The fifth step in the process is the completion of the final paperwork needed for the hearing, and preparation for the court hearing.
- The final step is attending the court hearing. You will be divorced on that day. The only waiting period after your divorce is finalized is that Wisconsin law will not allow either party to remarry for six months after the final hearing date.